Darren Baker is a highly accomplished photographer whose work has been nationally exhibited and appeared in publications around the world including National Geographic, GQ, FHM, Loaded, Xtreme, The Times, The Evening Standard, The Independent on Sunday, the Radio Times and commissions for the BBC, Red Bull, State, Shuriken, Mute Records, Modena Cars and in advertising campaigns for, amongst others, Sigma Lenses, Kodak, Victory Motorcycles, System X, Sector Watches, Dainese and No Limits Clothing.
Darren's work has taken him into the worlds of film, television, music, the automotive industry, aviation, sailing, celebrity, travel and wildlife always creating stunning images that capture every aspect of the world around him. Some of his most recognisable pictures have come from the collaboration with his brother, Shaun Baker, who holds 4 Guinness World Records in the field of extreme kayaking. Recently he has appeared in front of the camera on Discovery Channel's "Hot Shots" programme teaching members of the public how to take better pictures.
- Darren's recent shoot in Florida is the subject of an in depth case study in the July 2008 issue of Photo Pro Magazine: download PDF
- Darren gives a sailing photography masterclass in the July 2008 issue of Digital SLR User Magazine download PDF
- Darren's pictures featured in "73 Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep"
- Darren invited to join the team of Sigma's professional user's
- Darren's aviation pictures can be seen every month in LOOP Magazine
- Darren's picture featured in the latest Photo Workshop Publication "Photos That Inspire"
- Darren's appearance on Discovery Channel's new photography
programme Hot Shots.
- Darren has linked up with Impression Sailing to shoot this year's
Cowes Regatta, a selection of the pictures can be seen here.
- Photography Monthly feature: download PDF